The Nursery

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

 
Hello? Anyone still out there? Sorry we have been MIA for so long. The past 7 months(Wow! Has it really been that long?!) have been busy for all three of us. In the last 7 months we have all moved. Also, Whitney and I (Angela) had babies, and Lauren started a new job. We have had a lot going on.

Like I said, I moved. Not far, only about 20 minutes from where I was living previously. We ended up buying a house that was built in 1975 and hadn’t been updated since. It needed some work. For the last few months our house has been experiencing a face lift. The house was covered in yucky old 70’s wallpaper, wood paneling, popcorn ceilings, old carpet, funky accordion doors, and the list goes on. It was just a whole lot of old. So in the last few months we have de-wallpapered, de-popcorned, and repainted the entire house, got all new doors, all new baseboards, all new carpet, new light fixtures, updates for all of the houses bathrooms, we even did a complete remodel of the master bedroom and bathroom. And even after all of that we still have plenty more to do. My head is spinning just thinking about it. Somedays I have to remind myself about how far we have come so I don’t get caught up in how much we still have to do, because I am really so happy with how our house is turning out.
 
We closed on the house in July, but then we didn’t move into the house until September because of the work we were doing to it. So I have spent the past few months trying to get the house unpacked in between chasing my toddler and feeding my baby. I feel like it has taken forever. Finally I am to the point where I feel like we are unpacked enough that we actually live in the house. That leads me to why I have finally started blogging again… it is time to decorate the house. We may be out of boxes, but not everything is necessarily where it is supposed to be. I have a lot of projects that need to get done. Literally I have so many projects spinning around in my head that I cant seem to focus in on just one. So I have made a plan to take it room by room. I figure blogging about it all will keep me organized and on track.

I thought that I would start with the room that I am having the most trouble with… my daughters nursery. The problem that I am having is with the colors I am working with. When I was originally planning the nursery it was going to have to be a shared space. We were living in a two bedroom home at the time. My son was going to have to share his room. The majority of the colors in my sons bedroom were blue and red. I thought that I would stick with those colors, but just girly it up a bit since he would be sharing it with a girl. I found some red polka dot fabric for my daughters sheets and an adorable red chair. Then when I was 37 weeks pregnant we decided to move into a home that was a little bit bigger.

Now my kids each get a room of their own. I still have all of the red stuff that I bought for my son/daughters room. So now I am trying to figure out how to use all of the red stuff that I already have, but just for my daughters room. I have decided that I definitely need to incorporate some pink. Where I find myself running into trouble now is that her room is becoming too red and pink and screaming Valentines day. Not that I don’t love Valentines day, but I’m not sure that I want a room in my home dedicated to it. That is where I am currently at with my daughters nursery.
Let me show you some of the ideas that have inspired me:
 
Here is the overall inspiration for my daughters nursery. I love the idea of pinks walls and red floral curtains. Mostly I love that even though this room is full of red and pink it doesn’t necessarily scream valentines day. This is kind of the overall feel that I am going for.
 
room inspiration
 
A red dresser… that is a must! I just think it is simply gorgeous!
 
red dresser
 
I love this solid red/pink chair next to the floral fabric. I think I’ll have a red chair next to some floral curtains.
 
floral
 
I’ll definitely be incorporating this quote in these colors.
 
quote AH
 
I’ll also be making some flowers for a vase. Here are a few DIY tutorials that I like.
 
poofs
flowers
 
Here are some “maybe” ideas that I like, but I’ll have to wait and see how the room comes together before I incorporate any of these.
 
Here is some cute pink and red bedding. My favorite part about this is the scalloped crib skirt. We’ll see if I get ambitious enough to try that.
 
scalloped crib skirt
 
Here are a few other ideas that I found cute. I don’t if they will work. We will just have to wait and see. 
 
butterflies
 
mobile
 
Tomorrow I will share my first completed project for the nursery. Stay tuned!


41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.