The Red Dresser

Friday, February 22, 2013

I knew that I wanted a red dresser for my daughters room. Luckily I was able to find a dreamy one on craigslist for only $30! Score! It was in great shape, and it only took two days of searching craigslist to find the exact dresser that I was hoping to find. I love when the stars align and I find exactly what I want at a great price.
IMG_4103 copy
 
Here is a peak at what it looked like before I covered it in red. I had never actually re-done a piece of furniture before. This was quite the experience. I researched a ton of tutorials online. This was probably the most informative one that I found. It seemed simple enough just clean, sand, prime, sand, paint first coat, sand, paint second coat. It is just a very time consuming process. Luckily my parents had an old paint sprayer that I borrowed to get this project done. I do love spray painting. That’s about the only painting that I like to do.

IMG_0195
 
I debated going with red. Even as I was painting I questioned my color choice. Knowing me I will probably be painting this again in two years to a safer color like white or cream, but for now I love it!
 
Here is a sneak peak at some of the pink in the room. Next week I’ll share a few more details. I’m loving how everything is coming together!
 
IMG_4150 copy



41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

10 comments:

  1. Don't repaint it!!! This is BEAUTIFUL! I wish I could see an old dresser like that and know that it could have such amazing potential. I am absolutely in love with this! This is going straight on my pinterest board

    mothersniche.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find on the dresser! The red is really bold; I like it! nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh its beautiful in red! So bright and cheerful!!! Love it. I came over from TT&J. Would love for you to come over and check out my blog...
    Emily @ www.nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. O my gosh that is an awesome and daring color! I love how you pared it with the white accents! I would love if you would share this over at my blog hop! http://www.ablossominglife.com/2013/02/frugal-crafty-home-blog-hop-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great find and what a fabulous bold color! Would love for you to share at the party! xo bridgett

    http://www.osiemoats.com/2013/02/link-up-party-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I planned to paint my buffet denim blue but that red just knocks me out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, that dresser is beautiful. I would have never thought to paint it red, but it is perfect. Thanks for the inspiration. Please share this makeover on my linky party, Sunday's Best. You can find it here, www.mother2motherblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.